It's been a busy few months for simCEO. You may have seen a few new twists to our site, and we're thrilled to have added some experienced folks from the Ed-Tech industry to the Jetlag Learning Advisory Team. Check them out here. And, we've added a new award and some exciting business developments. (MORE ON THAT LATER.)
But as the subject line gives away... we've (finally!) completed a grant from the Department of Education in which we're sharing our plans for the next steps in our development; we need to say thank you to all of you who continue to share your ideas and feedback. In a later post, we'll give a shout out to the some of the specific people who helped write letters of support for the grant.
A grant from the Department of Education is steeped in research on the educational effectiveness. We're additionally grateful to the teachers who have signed on to be a part of the pilot research program. If our grant is successful, we can then better measure the impact that simCEO (and the new features we develop for it) has on student learning. Because that's our purpose - to change the way learning happens by giving students more opportunities to experience an authentic, open-ended, dynamic environment that better resembles the real world by not focusing on "correct answers".
We hope independent research will help us better understand that process and further improve. We still have spots available for our pilot study. Learn more.
We are looking for educational innovators willing to share ideas. Here's why:
1) Contribute to the development of a a new model in games-based learning aimed at skills needed for the 21st century while developing entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
2) Build your professional resume.
3) Connect with other innovative educators to share ideas.
4) Earn 500 simCredits of the new site for your district.
5) OPTIONAL: Have your name immortalized (well, printed on our site) as a innovator and contributor towards the development of the new site.
As always, stay in touch.